Lasik Eye Surgery
Lasik refractive surgery is a safe and effective means of correcting near-sightedness, far-sightedness and astigmatism. It has been proven to be an alternative to glasses or contact lens. Newer technologies like Wave front, Eye tracking and Iris Recognition have made the surgical correction not only safe, but highly accurate. Most patients find that that they can combine an enjoyable vacation with their LASIK surgery for less than the cost of LASIK in their own country.
The LASIK eye surgeons began LASIK eye surgery in Thailand over a decade ago and as the first ISO internationally certified private LASIK center in Asia, their goal is to provide the best quality LASIK eye surgery care available anywhere in the world.
Preparation for a complete eye examination
Patients who are wearing contact lenses should stop wearing Soft contact lenses at least 3 days / Hard or Semi-hard contact lenses at least 7 days in order to allow the cornea to resume its natural shape.
1. The eye examination involves the use of dilating eye drops, MYDRIACYL (Tropicamide 1.0%). You will experience increased blur during near vision and discomfort in bright illumination for about 4-6 hours. Please do not drive yourself on that day.
2. The full examination usually takes 3-4 hours and cost 1,000 BAHT.
3. The results of the examination for Premium LASIK will last for 3 months while the Zyoptix Wavefront LASIK results are valid for only 14 days.
Preparing for LASIK
To ensure the safety and accuracy of the procedure, here are some guidelines to prepare you for the surgery:
- No contact lens in the operative eyes for at least 3 days prior to surgery (more for hard contact lenses).
- Please bring the results of your anti-HIV blood test with you (no more than 3 months).
- Please bring all your current medicines and eyeglasses.
Some useful links: laser eye surgery, lazer eye surgery, lasik laser eye surgery