Dr. Kongkiat Laorwong
Medical Degree: Prince of Songkla University, Songkla, Thailand
General Surgical Residency, Pramongkutklao Army Hospital, Bangkok, 2002
Diploma Thai Board in Family Medicine, 2006
Graduate Fellow in Hair Restoration Surgery from Stough Clinic, Bangkok, 2007, certified by ISHRS.
Absolutely Devoted to Hair Restoration
"We, being human, can only approach perfection by concentrating or specializing." Richard C. Webster, MD.
Dr.Kongkiat Laorwong is a Family Physician who totally committed to hair restoration using the most advanced, state-of-the-art techniques in hair transplant surgery to replace hair and re-establish hair lines. He is a Graduate Fellow in Hair Restoration Surgery certified by ISHRS which successful completed in fellowship training in 2007 and he is an active member of ISHRS. He has trained extensively with Dr. Damkerng Pathomvanich who is pioneer in open technique of donor harvesting which is the finest method gives lowest hair transection combine with lower edge Trichophytic closure and retention stitch to minimize donor scar. He also use the coronal incision (lateral slit) technique for creating the most natural-looking hair transplant you have ever seen and he does mega-session with cosmetic density (35-45 FUGs/cm2) to make you look good in one pass.
Professional Record / Seminar Publications
15th Annual Scientific Meeting, ISHRS, Las Vegas, September 2007
- "Optimal Aesthetic Result of Eyebrow Transplantation in Asians"
- "Recipient Area Folliculitis following follicular Unit Transplantation: A Retrospective Analysis of Associated Factors"
16th Annual Scientific Meeting, ISHRS, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, 3-7 September 2008
- Post-operative Edema in Mega to Super-mega Session: A prospective Study in Preventive Protocol and Risk factors.
- Hair transplantation in Asian Women: A Retrospective Review of Common Indications, Procedural Techniques and Post-operative Outcomes.
- FUE in Chinese Population-Importance Factors to Consider.
- The Open-FUE Technique: A New Combined Approach in Harvesting of Invisible Hair Follicles.
- The Double-Guns Technique for Difficult Follicular Unit Extraction.
- Donor Site Effluvium: Retrospective and Prospective Studies to Define the Incidence, Pattern, and Associated Factors.
- How to Minimize Donor Site Wound Closure Tension and the Effects of Age, Scalp Elasticity, and Donor Strip Excision.
14th Orlando Live Surgery Workshop, Florida, April 2008
- "Eyebrow Transplantation in Asians" in pending for publishing on March 2009 in Dermatologic Surgery Journal.
- "Eyebrow Transplantation" in Hair Transplantation in Asians Textbook in pending for publishing in 2009 by Sprinker.
- Guest lecturer in hair transplantation at Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, and Ear Nose and Throat department, Chulalongkorn Hospital; Master of Cosmetic Science, Mae Pha Lhuang University, Bangkok.
Membership in Societies:
International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS)
Skill and Training and Today's Hair Restoration Doctor
Surgical hair restoration is a specialty of cosmetic surgery that requires specific training and experience in addition to the general training received by all surgeons. Its body of knowledge has been growing for decades and has been incorporated into formal medical education programs. Its growth into a unique body of knowledge marks the evolution of hair restoration surgery into a unique surgical discipline. Some surgeons who specialize in hair restoration do no other type of cosmetic surgery. In other instances, hair restoration surgery may be performed in an overall practice of dermatologic or plastic surgery. In either case, the surgeon who is qualified to perform surgical hair restoration must have received the requisite training and experience in an approved training program. When choosing a hair restoration surgeon, it is always a good idea to ask specific questions about the surgeon's training, experience.