The important details which needed.
1. Age, eyesight
2. Planned arrival and departure time (we generally schedule the initial eye examination in the morning with surgery in the afternoon or evening).
3. Do you wear glasses or contact lenses? Which type and for how long?
Please note that if you wear contact lenses, you will need to stop wearing them before the examination and the surgery. For soft lenses we require a minimum of 3 days, for hard lenses at least 10 days; however, the longer the better.
We recommended approximately 7-10 days in Phuket in order to complete the initial eye examination, the LASIK surgery, (you can actually have both the pre-op eye exam and the surgery on the same day). Both the 1-day and 1-week follow up will be 7 days after surgery. The rest if the routine check-ups can be completed with an ophthalmologist in your home country. We can help refer you to a skilled ophthalmologist and will communicate closely with them to be certain you are obtaining the best possible care. Patients will be required to pay fees for any exams performed outside the TRSC.
To aid your understanding, I will give you a summary of what to expect:
1. First. You will need to have a preliminary eye examination. We can arrange this examination with your preferred doctor or a doctor whose schedule matches with your itinerary. The doctor who conducts the examination can be your surgeon if you choose.
The initial eye examination will take 3 hours and will include: a detailed multi-media presentation about LASIK (Necessary information for each patient to better understand LASIK, the measurement of your pupil size, topographic mappings of your corneas, detailed wave front measurements of the optics of your eyes, and the measurement of your refractive error twice, before and after dilating your pupil. The eye drops used will make your vision blurry for the next 4-6 hours. At the end of the examination, the doctor can specify whether or not you will be a good candidate for LASIK. If you are a suitable candidate for LASIK, the next step is to proceed with the LASIK surgery.
(**We can pre-arrange both the initial eye examination and the LASIK surgery.)
To ensure the safety and accuracy of the procedure, here are some guidelines to prepare you for the surgery:
No contact lens (es) in the operative eye (s) for a minimum of 3 days prior to the surgery (longer for hard contact lenses).
Please bring the results of the anti-HIV blood test. If you do not have results current within 3 months, we will arrange for you to have this test performed. The cost is approximately 800 Baht.
No perfume, deodorant or eye male-up (as these can possibly affect treatment).
2. LASIK surgery: the surgery itself takes only 15-20 minutes for both eyes. It will require up to 2 hours total in the center. After surgery, your eyes will be covered with an eye-shield with holes for you to see through. You can return home immediately.
3. Post-operative examination: The nest morning, you will have a 1-day follow up. The eye-shield will be removed and the doctor will check your eyes to ensure that everything is fine. You will need to schedule a 1-week follow-up either with us or a doctor in your home country as is appropriate.
After removing the shields, you can resume you normal activities with a few restrictions.
During the first week:
1. No rubbing
2. No water contact with the eyes
3. No swimming (2 weeks)
4. Antibiotic eye drops for 1 week
5. Frequent artificial tears
6. No eye make-up (2 weeks)
You will need to schedule a 1-week follow up. The rest of the routine check-ups can be completed with an ophthalmologist in your country. We will provide a clinical summary and a list of recommended ophthalmologists. You are responsible for all charges from the referred clinic or hospital.
We offer two options of advanced LASIK care.
- Premium LASIK: 64, 000 THB
- Ultimate Wave front LASIK: 79, 500 THB
- An extra cost for complete eye check-up and HIV check is 2,300 THB
Although we have different technologies available, the LASIK surgery specialist will be the best source to recommend to you what is best for your specific situation.
Some useful links: laser eye surgery, lazer eye surgery, lasik laser eye surgery