How do I know what treatment I need?
- For dental treatment it is best to go to your GP and get a referral to a radiologist to have a full mouth xray (OPG) done. Just make sure the radiologist can put the xray on to a CD that can be copied. You can then save a copy and email it to us along with a digital photo of your smile. We can then email them to the Head of Dental, who will do an assessment of your dental needs from the xray and photos. You will be given a full detailed assessment of what work you need to have done and an idea of how long it will take to have the treatment done and the approximate cost.
- For plastic surgery, we require you to complete a medical form which details your medical history and medical conditions. We also need you to take digital photos front and side views of the area of your body that you would like treatment. We will then email this and one of the surgeons will do an assessment of your case and email back his recommendations and the cost of the operation. There is no charge for this assessment and well worth it to obtain their professional advise.
When is the best time to travel to Phuket or Bangkok in Thailand?
- It depends which part of Thailand you are travelling to. Phuket has the rainy season from April to October but this is a busy time of year as all of the hotels offer stay pay deals. November to March is high season for Phuket as the weather is at its best. Most of our clients travel to Phuket from April to October.
- For Bangkok, the months of March, April and May are generally the hottest temperatures, with December to February considered cooler months with an average of around 20 degrees. From June to October is the rainy low season, but still a great time to travel as you can get some great deals on hotels and accommodation.
When is the best time to travel to Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam?
- The best time to visit Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam is usually during the drier months of December through to April. May to November is the rainy season and that means more frequent showers, but rain tends to come in short bursts and it is still possible to enjoy sunshine during this period.
When is the best time to travel to Mumbai, India?
- The cool winter months of November to February are the most pleasant in Mumbai if you are looking to escape the heat. Humidity starts to rise slightly in March through to May, with summer temperatures potentially reaching up to 40 degrees. It is recommended that you carry cool cottons and sunglasses to avoid the heat and there is usually good hotel deals during this time. June to October is the famous monsoon season in Mumbai which sees continuous rainfall, particularly in the months of July and August.
How do I pay for dental and plastic surgery treatment at the hospital?
- The hospitals take all major credit cards and that is the easiest way to pay, but not necessarily the cheapest, check with your bank as most banks will have up to 3% currency surcharge if you are using your credit card overseas. The alternative option is to take Australian cash and convert to local currency on arrival, or you can now opt to transfer money via direct deposit into an Australian bank account before your trip if you are receiving treatment in Vietnam.
How will I get to the hospital for my treatment from my hotel?
- Phuket, Thailand – Our clients will be collected from their hotel by the hospital Ground Care Services staff and transferred to the hospital for their appointments. On completion of their treatment they will be driven back to their hotel. It is an excellent service and not only is it extremely convenient and save you time, but it also saves you the expense of transport. This service is provided for all our clients who book their full package of airfares, accommodation and their medical treatment with us.and have medical treatment to the value of 100,000 Thai Baht or more.
- Bangkok, Thailand – The cheapest way is to use the Skytrain and taxi. We can give you further information on this.
- Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam – If booking a full package of airfares, accommodation and medical treatment with us then we include return airport transfers and the first transfer from hotel to clinic.
- Mumbai, India – If booking a full package of airfares, accommodation and medical treatment with us then we include return airport transfers as well as all transfers from hotel to clinic for your dental appointments.
Why should I travel to Thailand, Vietnam or India for treatment?
- The cost saving is a major factor and probably the most significant. You can save up to 75%. The hospitals and clinics are of international standard and has thousands of patients coming from all over the world for treatment. All of the doctors, dentists and specialists are all under the one roof at the hospital or clinic so it makes it easy if you need specialist treatment. The staff level is extremely high so you always have someone looking after you. The staff are extremely friendly. You not only have the opportunity to have your treatment done, but you can have a holiday at the same time.
Will my dental appointments be made before I leave home?
- Phuket, Thailand – All dental appointments are pre-booked before your trip.
- Bangkok, Thailand – Your first appointment will be confirmed and depending if you know what treatment you require, further appointments may be confirmed by us.
- Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam and Mumbai, India – Your first appointment will be confirmed and depending if you know what treatment you require, further appointments may be confirmed by us.
Will the plastic surgery appointment be made before I leave home?
- Thailand (both Phuket and Bangkok) – Pre-op consultation and pre-op test surgery are booked in advance. After surgery appointments are booked locally.
Will there be forms to be completed at the hospital?
- Phuket, Thailand – No. We make it easy for you. You will complete a hospital registration form before you leave home and we send it to the hospital and they give you a treatment plan. On the treatment plan it details your appointments and your hospital registration number. You take the treatment plan with you to your appointment and there is no further paper work to do. You just need to take your passport with you for your first appointment, so the staff can sight your passport and confirm your identity and then they will issue you with your hospital card.
- Bangkok, Thailand – Yes. You need to take your passport with you and you will need to complete additional paper work when you arrive at the hospital for your first appointment.
- Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam and Mumbai, India – You just need to show your passport at the first appointment.
How far is the hospital or clinic from the hotels?
- Phuket, Thailand – Most people stay along the beach areas of Patong Beach, Karon Beach or Kata Beach. The hospital is inland in Phuket Town which is about 30-40 minutes drive from the beach areas.
- Bangkok, Thailand – The hospital is located on the other side of the river. Most people stay in Sukhumvit or the city area and take the Skytrain and taxi to the hospital. Allow 45 minutes to get there.
- Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam – Most people stay in Ben Thanh or District 1 which is only 5-10 minutes from the clinic.
- Mumbai, India – Most people stay in Colaba which is about 15-20 minutes away from the clinic.
Is the hospital open every day for treatments?
- Phuket and Bangkok, Thailand – Yes. The hospitals and clinics are available for all treatments seven days a week. There are some special holidays throughout the year where there may be limited doctors working.
- Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam and Mumbai, India – The clinics are open from Monday – Saturday. There are some special holidays throughout the year where there may be limited doctors working.
Can I talk to any of your past clients that have had treatment?
- Yes. Some of our clients are more than willing to discuss their treatment and experiences at the hospitals with other potential clients. Just let us know and we will endeavor to have another client that has had the same treatment contact you.
How long will I need to be in Thailand, Vietnam or India to have medical treatment?
- It depends on what treatment you are having but on average you would need to stay 2 weeks.